Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Audience of One

I've always been envious of the people in church who can let it all hang out. I wish I could get to the point of just blocking everything else out and going for it. Don't get me wrong - sometimes I'll do something crazy like close my eyes. Sometimes I'll join in on the clapping. Sometimes I even get a little teary-eyed. But for the most part I just take it all in and claim introversion. Maybe it's my Lutheran background. Maybe it's my Scandinavian descent. I don't know - maybe it's my insecurity. One thing I do know is that they just don't care what other people think, and I envy that.

It's easy to compare yourself to them, isn't it? I mean, they must have a really good relationship with God, for them to raise their hands up like that. Right?

I don't know. But for them, their audience consists of just One.

No comments:

Post a Comment